SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe to this blog - CLICK HERE

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Update On an Older Post

Yesterday I taught a class at Fabrics Etcetera in Webster Texas. I called this quilt Scrappy Pinwheels because I saw pinwheels in the pattern while I was piecing it. But once the quilt was done it was difficult to see the pinwheels. Oh well, what's in a name anyway!

I posted this quilt previously on this blog......Easy Quilt Blocks to Make From Strips. During the class I decided to make another of these quilts but this time using sets of 4 strips instead of sets of 3 strips.  Here is what I did:
  • I used 2 rolls of pre-cut 2-1/2" strips for a total of 80 strips.
  • I stitched the strips together in sets of 4 for a total of 20 strip sets.
  • From each strip I cut 5 squares - 8-1/2" for a total of 100 squares.
  • I put two squares together for a total of 50 square sets.
  • I stitched around the square and cut twice on the diagonal to make 4 squares at 5-1/2". I ended up with 200 smaller squares.
easy piecing quilt from strips
  • Next I mixed up the small squares and put them together in sets of 4. Stitch these sets into 10" finished blocks for a total of 50 blocks.

Set them in a quilt with blocks set 5 x 6.


Happy Quilting!
Carol Thelen

Subscribe here

Subscribe to this blog - CLICK HERE