I posted this quilt previously on this blog......Easy Quilt Blocks to Make From Strips. During the class I decided to make another of these quilts but this time using sets of 4 strips instead of sets of 3 strips. Here is what I did:
- I used 2 rolls of pre-cut 2-1/2" strips for a total of 80 strips.
- I stitched the strips together in sets of 4 for a total of 20 strip sets.
- From each strip I cut 5 squares - 8-1/2" for a total of 100 squares.
- I put two squares together for a total of 50 square sets.
- I stitched around the square and cut twice on the diagonal to make 4 squares at 5-1/2". I ended up with 200 smaller squares.
- Next I mixed up the small squares and put them together in sets of 4. Stitch these sets into 10" finished blocks for a total of 50 blocks.
Set them in a quilt with blocks set 5 x 6.