Dottie was designed by Moda. It uses Jelly Rolls or you can cut your own 2-1/2" x WOF strips.
The quilt in the pattern uses 36 blocks and finishes at 72" square. Since I'm not a fan of square quilts, mine finishes at 72" x 84" and uses 42 blocks. The blocks are 12" finished. The image below is from QuiltPro. I use this software to quickly test quilt sizes and block placement.
Get the Pattern -- Download Pattern Dottie by Moda
- One 2-1/2" x WOF strip of accent fabric
- One 2-1/2" x WOF strip of background fabric
- Two 2-1/2" x 4-1/2" rectangles of background fabric.
Piecing the Block
2. Next, cut the strip into the following segments:
- 8 @ 2-1/2"
- 4 @ 4-1/2"
- Jelly Roll - Christmas Morning designed by Lella Boutique for Moda Fabrics.
- Grunge Basics Composition White
- Batting: Warm & White by Warm Products
- Backing: Blossom Black and White Wide Back designed by Christopher Thompson for Riley Blake Designs
- Quilting pattern: Twist and Turn designed by Andi Rudebusch and purchased from IntelligentQuilting.com
- Quilting Thread: Glide thread color White.