This sew along will be introduced on December 21, 2023 here and via Carol's YouTube Channel. Be sure to subscribe and click the little bell to be notified when new videos are released. --> SUBSCRIBE
Start - Monday, January 9, 2023
End - Monday, February 6, 2023
Each Monday you will receive 4 block designs for a total of 20 blocks
Link to YouTube - Half Square Triangle Sew Along
Link to Facebook Group - The Quiltmaker's Workshop
Besides being a fun quilt to make, this sew along will be a study of the HST and how versitile this unit is in quiltmaking. We will also explore the definition and use of low volume prints (LVP).
I'm not a big fan of mystery quilts so here is the layout of the finished quilt. The blocks will be a bit of a mystery.
Introduction and Video
- Choose your method for making 3" finished HST
- Begin cutting and sewing HST. For the quilt you will need a total of 320.
- Begin cutting frames, sashing and cornerstones.
- Sew and press at least 80 HST
- Cut 10 sets of dark frames:
- 10 @ 1" x 12.5"
- 10 @ 1" x 13.5"
- Begin cutting sashes and cornerstones