SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe to this blog - CLICK HERE

Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Homespun Crumb Quilt

I decided to try making a crumb quilt. I have had a block of the month quilt and fabric for over 15 years. It was designed by Winnie Fleming and made from plaid homespun fabrics. I tried making the quilt, which I think is beautiful, but only got to month three. I used a lot of the remaining fabric for this quilt.

To find out how to make a crumb quilt I found this tutorial:

Crumb Quilting: What's It All About

I sewed the pieces together to make  a size at least 9" x 18". This allowed me to cut two 8-1/2" blocks.


Some of the pieces I made large enough to cut 3 blocks. I made a total of 42 blocks.

I decided I had done enough of these blocks so I pieced 30 four-patch blocks that finished at 4".



Then I framed each of the four-patch blocks with a fabric from Moda called Cross Weave. I used this same fabric for the setting triangles.


To see how I make framed blocks check out --> Framed Blocks

I used a diagonal setting and alternated the crumb blocks and the four-patch blocks.


Close up of diagonal set.


Finished quilt top.

Happy Quilting!
Carol








Subscribe here

Subscribe to this blog - CLICK HERE