This is your chance to use your larger chunks of scraps. Pair light and dark fabrics with a good contrast. Use rotary cutting or the AccuQuilt Fabric Cutting System.
Finished Size - 60" x 78"
Block Size: 6" finished
Number of Blocks: 130
Setting: 10 x 13
Light and dark scraps. Anything goes if there is good contrast between the two. For blocks, pair one light and one dark fabric about 8.5” x 16.5” each. This will make 4 blocks.
If you have fat quarters, pair one light and one dark fat quarter and that will make 8 blocks.
3/4 yds binding
Cutting and piecing 4 Blocks
- Stack one light fabric and one dark fabric right sides together.
- Cut the pieces acording to the diagram below.
A - 3-7/8" square
B - 3-1/2" x 6-1/2" rectangle
C - 3-1/2" square
Make Half Square Triangles (HST)
- Stack two 3-7/8" squares right sides together.
- Draw a diagonal oline on the wrong side of the light fabric.
- Stitch 1/2" on each side of the diagonal line.
- Cut the square in half along the drawn lne to make 2 HST. Press Toward the dark fabric.
Repeat with remaining 3-7/8" squares to yield 4 HST.
A - 7" square
Place on die #55724 and cut 2 @ 3-1/2" x 6-1/2" rectangles.
B - 4" x 8" rectangle
Fold fabric in half. Place on die 55701 and cut 2 @ 3-1/2" squares.
C - 5" x 8" rectangle
Fold fabric in half. Place on die 55703 and cut 4 HST pieces.
Sew each of the light HST pieces to a dark piece to yield 4 HST units.
Assemble the Block
Using 1 HST, 1 rectangle and 1 square, assemble the block as shown.
- Sew the HST to the square. Press toward the square.
- Sew the rectangle to the HST/square piece. Press toward the rectangle.
You will have 4 blocks as shown.
Assemble the Top
Sew 10 blocks together to make a row. Alternate the position of the HST as shown.
Odd Number Rows
Make 7 rows of 10 blocks
Even Number Rows
Make 6 rows of 10 blocks
Sew the rows together alternating odd and even rows.
DOWNLOAD THE PATTERN - Tossed Triangles Free Pattern