SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe to this blog - CLICK HERE

Monday, March 15, 2021

Another Scrap Quilt - Half Square Triangles


Using nothing but scraps and my AccuQuilt Fabric Cutter, I made this quilt with half square triangles. If you look at a log cabin block you see it has a light side and a dark side. 



This setting is called Barn Raising but you could use any log cabin block setting for this quilt. Here are just a few.


The half square triangles in this quilt finish at 3.5". There are 18 across and 22 down for a total of 396 half square triangles. I drew a diagram of the layout using blocks with one light and one dark fabric.


Most of the fabrics I used were leftovers from cutting Morning Star Scrap Quilt kits. I had miscalculated the number I needed and had a huge stack left!

Morning Star Scrap Quilt



I pieced light and dark fabrics until I had enough HST. I followed the diagram, which you can download below, to complete the quilt top. 





For the binding I used Barbed Check Black Cream from the Branded Collection by Moda.


Happy quilting!

Carol

Subscribe here

Subscribe to this blog - CLICK HERE