SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe to this blog - CLICK HERE

Thursday, January 21, 2021

It's Elementary Quilt

I finished this quilt top today. The fabrics are from the It's Elementary collection by American Jane for Moda Fabrics.


It uses this It's Elementary ABC Panel.


I cut out each picture 1/4" from the outer edge of the frame, shown in green here.



Next I took strips from the It's Elementary Honey Bun and framed each picture. First on the sides...



Then on the top and bottom.



A Honey Bun is like a Jelly Roll only the strips are 1-1/2" wide x WOF. 


There are 26 letters in the alphabet and this panel has an extra block to make it 27.


I need one more block to make a 4 x 8 setting so I took some left over strips and made a block.



Next I added 2-1/2" sashing and sewed the rows. The sash was sewn between the blocks to make rows. Once the rows were done, long sashing strips were sewn between the rows. You will need about a yard of fabric for the sashing.


Finally I added a 4" finished border. You will need about 1-1/2 yard of fabric for the border.


Once I quilt it, I will bind it with this orange fabric. The sashing, border and binding fabrics are all from the It's Elementary collection.


You will need about a half yard of fabric for the binding.

You can purchase some the fabrics for this quilt here -- > It's Elementary Collection


For more project tutorials and videos:

Subscribe to QuiltNotes on YouTube

Subscribe to our blog newsletter

Subscribe here

Subscribe to this blog - CLICK HERE