SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe to this blog - CLICK HERE

Saturday, January 30, 2021

Facing A Quilt

Recently I learned about facing a quilt instead of binding it. You attach facing in a way similar to the way binding is attached. Fold the binding completely to the back. Facing a quilt doesn't add any extra dimension, color or texture to the outer edges of the quilt.

The border fabric looks like weathered wood. I wanted it to look like a framed window. Check out the video of how I faced this quilt.

When To Choose Facing A Quilt

I can see times when facing a quilt is a good idea. The example above is a good one. Additionally, if you have a border that you do not want to frame with a binding, facing a quilt is a good alternative.

Overall I like the look of a facing. My one question is, what does it look like after washing? I will try it in the future and follow up.


For more project tutorials and videos:

Subscribe to QuiltNotes on YouTube
Subscribe to our blog newsletter

Subscribe here

Subscribe to this blog - CLICK HERE