SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe to this blog - CLICK HERE

Monday, January 18, 2021

Tuffets and Things

This past Saturday we had a tuffet class at Five Oaks. Four ladies started piecing the tuffet cover. The picture below was taken from a very large class I taught in 2019. I love all the colors.


Here is my own tuffet. This cover is actually cover #2 for this tuffet.


 I used the first one almost daily and it was faded and dingy. I took the old cover off and recovered it with the new one pictured here.


The cover is pieced using the same method as paper piecing. Instead of paper, the foundation is a printed interfacing that is fused to muslin. Once you get the hang of the process, it goes pretty fast. In two weeks the students will return with their completed covers and we will assemble the beautiful tuffets.

I have written step-by-step instructions on How To Piece A Tuffet Cover.

Scrap Quilts Quilted

Today I finished quilting the two scrap quilts made from rectangles.  In the morning I was having a little trouble with the computer on my quilting machine. It was actually a set of screws that hold the computer onto the quilting machine. Well I managed to make a work around but I'll spare you the boring details. I didn't have time to take more pictures but here is one of the quilts with quilting in process.


More pictures and details when the bindings are done.

Tired of Facebook Ads?

I am slowly moving myself off FaceBook and onto MeWe.com. The FB ads drive me crazy and I'm tired of being tracked. On MeWe.com there are no ads and no tracking you. Take a look at their terms and conditions. Check me out ==> MeWe.com.  Check it out, come on over and bring your friend!


For more project tutorials and videos:

Subscribe to QuiltNotes on YouTube

Subscribe here

Subscribe to this blog - CLICK HERE