SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe to this blog - CLICK HERE

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Piecing the Winding Ways Quilt

 This was on my bucket list of quilts to make. Many years ago my friend, Ramona, taught a Winding Ways class at Fabrics Etc. in Webster Texas. I didn't take the class but I always admired the sample quilt hanging in the shop.


In this video I show you how to cut the pieces with the AccuQuilt and then piece the blocks. If you don't have an AccuQuilt yet, you can use templates to cut and piece the block the same way I describe in the video.



You can purchase a template set from Sewing Machines Plus -->> Winding Ways Template Set.

Finishing

The blocks are set by alternating the light and dark backgrounds. The Winding Ways block creates large circles when blocks are set together.

This is a close up of the quilting. I used white thread and quilted a classic stipple design allover.


For the binding I cut 2" strips with my AccuQuilt Strip Cutter. I used a red and white gingham check fabric.






For more project tutorials and videos:


Use the links in the upper right of this screen to follow me on Pinterest and Rumble and to sign up to receive notification when new content is added to this blog. Thank you.

Happy quilting!
Carol

Subscribe here

Subscribe to this blog - CLICK HERE